This summer, I got to share some thoughts and learnings from Soma's church planting residency with our friends at Send Institute. I would have shared the same things if we weren't in the middle of a game-changing pandemic, but COVID has certainly made some of these learnings more overt; the changes more needed. Below is an overview of what I wrote; the whole post is here.
"As I reflect on our first five years, I wanted to capture and share five lessons we learned.
1. Residencies must prioritize the local church
2. Residencies need to train missionaries
3. Residencies need to involve adult learning
4. Residencies are like premarital counseling
5. Residencies must change for the future"